Re: Re: I want to make a copy of my system on dvd

[pls post to the ML, not my address - besides, you get lot more chances of
 an answer]

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 02:39:05AM -0700, darren naidoo wrote:
> Hi i need 2 copy my boot partition wid partimage but i tried booting wid a rescue and it says i need a root pswd. How do i log in as root from a rescue?

- check docs for that rescue disk; if it's a rescue disk meant just for your
  system, root pwd should be your usual root pwd.
- try to boot with bootparam 'init=/bin/sh' which should drop you in a shell
  very soon - note / will be ro and nothing else is mounted.

HTH
--
paolo