Re: kernel 2.6.26 hangs at "Setting up standard PCI resources" on a HP laptop

The Thursday 24 July 2008 14:04:39 srinivas v, you wrote :
> Yes. I started off with the the config of 2.6.23.8. But later changed to
> some newly available features in 2.6.26.

Maybe you should try looking at modules loaded via lsmod in both working and
non working kernel. You can also look in module in initrd. I don't know if
there is a tool for that so if not try compiling your kernel with all
important stuff compiled statically, not in module (so your image should not
need modules). Maybe it's just a module not loaded when it should.

> V. Srinivas

[SNIP]

--
Thomas Preud'homme