Re: NIC not dectected - broadcom 59xx

Hi All,
You could take a look at this page. It lists the output of lspci, lsusb and other commands in detail for this model (though the page says fedora 8 was used).

http://www.vfxcomputing.com/wp-dell-inspiron-1420.php

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Franklin PIAT <fpiat@bigfoot.com> wrote:
Hello,

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 18:05 -0700, janskey wrote:
> I'll try to work on that. Thanks for this information. Btw, is there a
> way that I can post in the wiki if this is successful? Just want to
> share to those people who are using the same NIC. Thanks Again!

I recommend you to make an installation-report (whether Etch-n-half
works or not). This will help debian-developpers to know about your
hardware.

Anybody can edit wiki pages (see [1]). So you can simply edit(or create)
the page related to your network module, then state that it doesn't work
under Etch, etc..
Finally, you might want to make an Installation guide for Inspiron
1420[2] (this takes more time).

Franklin

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn