RE: acpid not create /var/run/acpid.socket

thanks.
Due to a hard disk failure, I installed debian etch again use net install, and this problem disappeared.
I think it's because the last time I install debian was use knoppix as a live cd system, run debootstrap to make the debian system on my hard disk.

by the way, I reformatted one of my partition use xfs filesystem with block size 512b, ( /usr ) it had ran for over a day. but the next time I powered on my laptop, the partition couldn't be mounted, and xfs check took a long time still did not fix it. so it took me three hours to install the system again. what's the reason? for the block size should be 4 kb only?