Re: want to speed up laptop

On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 09:12:06 -0500, Preston Boyington <preston.lists@gmail.com> said:

> Chris Bannister wrote:
> <snipped>
>> Where are your bottlenecks?

> currently my two biggest bottlenecks are with the networking and the
> MTA.  i installed "ifplugd" and set a faster timeout for the network
> and that has helped.  i don't really "need" a MTA for my laptop and
> will be looking for some alternative.  have thought about just
> removing Exim and dealing with whatever dependency issues arise.  i
> can always just look at the log files for info if i need to.

You should be able to install nullmailer in place of Exim, because
nullmailer Provides: mail-transport-agent, so you shouldn't have any
dependency.

But if Exim is just sitting there doing nothing, it's probably not
affecting your performance too much.

--
Hubert Chathi <uhoreg@debian.org> -- Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA         http://www.uhoreg.ca/