Re: lenovo r61i etch

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 21:10:15 +0100, Embrik Kaslegard wrote:

> 1.
> I am not able to change Display modes in KDE. I have to manually change
> the settings in xorg.conf, log off, restart X. This is a bit daft when
> my projector works best in 1024x768 and my internal screen in 1280x800

Which driver are you using? Try upgrading to the latest "intel" driver
(xserver-xorg-video-intel) in lenny (or backports, maybe?) along with
xrandr 1.2.

> 2.
> In order to use ekternal screen (projector) I have to connect to the
> projector before I start the laptop - FN+F7 doesn't work.

Again, xrandr 1.2 is the answer.

> 3.
> Sound out is ok (low volume on internal speakers though), sound in is
> really bad. Each teacher at my school has got their own Laptop without
> possibility to record.

Not sure about the problem here: maybe some wrong channel or weird volume
setting?

--
Best Regards, Jack
Linux User #264449