Re: need to lower shared graphics memory

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 11:07 AM, P Theodorou <props666999@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Im on a Toshiba Tecra A8 model running Debian testing , using an Intel 945 shared graphics  with (256 MB).
I do not need 256 MB to be spent on my graphics and i've tried through xorg.conf (option VideoRam) to set it to 128MB unsuccessfully .

You might go to the intel website or do a net search. Intel very recently released info so that open source drivers would work better with some of their cards integrated graphics but I don't recall the details. Would be a good open source contribution.