Re: hibernate and swap partition size (newbie question)

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:
Tyler Smith wrote:

> On 2008-02-22, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <kamaraju@bluebottle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are you aware that you can resize your partitions non destructively using
>> something like qtparted? First backup all your data before you do
>> anything like this. This is what I did when I found out that my RAM size
>> is larger than my swap partition.
>>

> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the options for resizing
> partitions without losing data is pretty limited. I recently went
> through a round of resizing, and while I could move swap into adjacent
> unused space, I could only alter the end of a data partition. i.e., I
> could make an existing partition bigger or smaller, but I could not
> move it.

I do not know. It has been some time I did this. It worked at that time and
I did not bother to dig deeply into it. May be other people on the list
know it better.

> ps - your message was flagged follow-up-to gmane.linux.debian.user,
> which was rejected by slrn as an invalid newsgroup. I don't know if
> this is a problem at my end or your end...

gmane.linux.debian.user is the news group's name. I am accessing d-u via
gmane's news server. Sorry to say, but I think the problem is at your end.
But feel free to correct me if I am wrong.