Re: hibernate and swap partition size (newbie question)

Jimmy Wu wrote:

>>From what I've read online, I get the general idea that in order to be
> able to hibernate/suspend to disk properly, the swap partition has to
> be big enough to hold all of the RAM inside it, right?
>
> Is it possible to hibernate if my swap partition is smaller than my
> RAM?  I have 2 GB of RAM, and when I installed Debian, I figured I
> would hardly ever need that much, so I made swap 1.4 GB.

Are you aware that you can resize your partitions non destructively using
something like qtparted? First backup all your data before you do anything
like this. This is what I did when I found out that my RAM size is larger
than my swap partition.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi