Re: cannot connect to the internet after resume

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:00:01 +0800
"Forrest Y. Yu" <forrest.yu@gmail.com> wrote:

[once again, please send replies to the list, not to me personally]

> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 9:43 AM, Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 14:07:20 +0800
> > "Forrest Y. Yu" <forrest.yu@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > [please don't top post, and don't send me a separate copy of your mails,
> > as per the code of conduct]
> >
> > > The network problem happened to me again today.
> > > Here's your questions and my answers:
> > >
> > >             What happens when you try to access the network?
> > >             - When I try to open a web page, I just get no reply.
> > Sometimes
> > > I get a reply after long time.

[snipped reasonable looking ping results]

> > >             By speed, do you mean latency or data transfer time?
> > >             - I don't know. When I access a web page, it is finished
> > after
> > > long time. Sometimes it just fails.
> > >
> > >             What are the ping times like (before and after suspend?)
> > >             - Pinging seems ok even when internet is inaccessable.
> >
> > I think that would be impossible.
> >
> > >             How long does name resolution take?
> > >             - Name resolution seems ok.
> > >
> > >             Do protocols other than HTTP also suffer? What about other
> > > browsers?
> > >             - Other browsers such as Epiphany and w3m don't work either.
> >
> > What about ftp, ssh, smtp, pop?
> >
> > > And also, when this happened, I plugged the wire and tried the wired
> > > network, it failed too.
> >
> > Do you have any other machines on the network that you can test?  What
> > about another OS on the machine?  We need to figure out if there is a
> > misconfiguration on your machine or upstream.
>

> I have a desktop machine on the network connected via a cable. It is always
> ok.
>
> I have a pre-installed Windows Vista in my laptop but I don't use it, so I
> don't know whether there's any problem with windows.

You might try it to see if the problem is linux specific.  You might
also consider my suggestion about other network protocols.

> Do you think that it's the router's bug? I have a TP-LINK WR541G/542G
> Wireless Router.

Don't know.  I'm not familiar with that model.

> Regards,
> Forrest

Celejar