Re: Toshiba A215-S5808 info

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 16:10 -0600, Preston Boyington wrote:
> (Apologies if was sent to the list previously)
>
> I am looking at picking up this laptop for a friend of mine this
> afternoon and will be installing Debian on it shortly thereafter (I
> don't plan to boot this thing up into Vista at all).  Seeing as how this
> is a 64 bit machine I was wondering what differences I will need to be
> aware of over the "normal" way I do net-installs of Debian.  Also, I
> will be running Testing on this laptop as I do my other machines.
>
> Does anyone have this machine and, if so, what snags did you run into?
>
> Here's a link to the machine I am picking up:
> http://tinyurl.com/232sxo

Nice looking laptop.. :)

I run amd64 on my desktop and i386 on my laptop and at work. There isn't
much difference between i386 and amd64 (under the hood amd64 is 64 bit
of course) from an install point of view. If you want to run any 32bit
apps you'll need to install ia32-libs and if you want flash player to
work you need nspluginwrapper. Aside from that the rest is pretty much
identical to i386.