Re: Toshiba A215-S5808 info

At Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:53:12 -0600, Preston Boyington wrote:

> I am looking at picking up this laptop for a friend of mine this
> afternoon and will be installing Debian on it shortly thereafter (I
> don't plan to boot this thing up into Vista at all).  Seeing as how this
> is a 64 bit machine I was wondering what differences I will need to be
> aware of over the "normal" way I do net-installs of Debian.  Also, I
> will be running Testing on this laptop as I do my other machines.

My last successful Debian install (on a Dell laptop) was with the
amd64 architecture and with testing and I did not notice any
appreciable difference when compared with an i386 install.  But I
don't have any experience with your specific system.

I say 'successful' above because I was unable to install Debian
(stable or testing) on a new (desktop Dell) system the other day
because the built-in CD-ROM was USB. I could boot but then the
installer couldn't find the drive to continue. I ended up booting and
installing ubuntu 7.10 on that one as time was short...