Re: compaq nx6120

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 04:53:58PM +0000, Beny Spira wrote:
> Hi
> Thanks to all of you that answered my question.
> I am new to Debian and have a very dumb question:
> Where the kernel 2.6.24 can be found? 'apt-get upgrade' does not
> automatically upgrade the package.

Em.. generally speaking, first you run 'apt-get update',
then 'apt-get dist-upgrade'. The option 'upgrade' will NOT
upgrade the kernel, so you MUST use 'dist-upgrade'. You can
take this as a complete distrobution upgrade.
Or, if nothing happend, which means you can't get newset kernel,
you should select another debian repository, and run the commands
above.

And, there is a old trick, maybe it's useful for you.
$ sudo usermod -a -G sound your_login_name
this will add you to group 'sound'. A few times ago, many people
found problem in sound replay, especially gentoo-user.
So you can test this command as a first try before you really
upgrade your kernel version to 2.6.24

Good luck,