Re: Sound Not working on T61

Jos Collin wrote:
I have checked the mixer (aumix). Nothing is muted. All are high.
I have installed kernel 2.6.23 too. But nothing works. No sound is coming out of the laptop.

Check in alsamixer that the "IEC" switch isn't turned on if the sound card has that.

ALSA rudely (and stupidly) defaults to digital output on some soundcards and on others turns on that IEC switch which does something to the audio... I've never figured it out or researched it.

Quite annoying though -- yet another Linux developer's idea of "forcing" folks to new tech... instead of choosing sane defaults.

Nate