Re: Sound Not working on T61

On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 09:25 +0100, Cyril Jaquier wrote:
> Hi Jos,
>
>  > If anybody experienced this problem, please help me. So that I can
>  > move away from my laptop while hearing music :-)
>  >

> Do you have "stable" installed? Not problem with my T61 using
> "unstable/experimental" and a 2.6.24 kernel.
> You should probably consider moving to "testing"
> or "unstable" I think...

Keep in mind that using Testing or Unstable means :
- More hardware supported.
- Newer versions of software.
- **More bugs**.

reminder: Before Debian/Stable is release, Debian goes through
a freeze period to *find* bugs *fix* bugs, update documentation, etc.

IMHO: I wouldn't advice anybody to use Debian/Testing or
Debian/Unstable,  unless it's hardware really isn't supported...
Unless the user is willing to help Debian (developing, finding and/or
fixing bugs, etc.)

Franklin