Re: suspend2ram doesn't turn off the screen anymore on Thinkpad X31 after lenny upgrade

On Sun, Jan 20, 2008 at 07:59:39PM +0100, Damjan Vrencur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using X31 with unstable and it works great.
> The packages hibernate and uswsusp in fact work for me out of the box both for
> suspending to disk (/usr/bin/hibernate) and to ram (/usr/bin/susp2mem).

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear someone has the same laptop!

I see: hibernate works here too... but the suspend to disk worked before
I installed it too... no change.

I can't find susp2mem anywhere in Debian, any version:

http://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=susp2mem&mode=path&suite=unstable&arch=any

Where do you take that binary from??

I noticed that hibernate-ram *does* work, but:

 a) it doesn't lock the screen in Gnome
 b) Gnome doesn't invoke hibernate-ram for some reason, but some hack
 around my "echo mem > /sys/power/state" (the effect is the same, ie.
 the screen remains lit when sleeping)

So as a workaround I can type "hibernate-ram" in a terminal, but it's a
really bad workaround since anyone that pops my laptop open get my full
active session.

I also need to clarify that I of course upgraded from *etch* to lenny
and all occurences of "sarge" in my original email should be read as
"etch".

A.

--
Evil exists to glorify the good. Evil is negative good.
It is a relative term. Evil can be transmuted into good.