external keyboard not recognized

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite M70 Pro laptop.  I bought an Nspire external
keyboard.  My laptop doesn't recognize it when I plug it into one of the
USB ports.  I also don't get any lights coming on when I hold the caps
lock key.  But if I plug my USB cordless mouse into the USB port on the
external keyboard itself, my mouse works fine.  It also doesn't seem to
get recognized under my windoze boot either.  Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Phill