Re: 3Com 3CCM156

On Mon, 03 Dec 2007 12:55:02 -0600
Preston Boyington <preston.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156
> 56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.

I don't know if I can help you, but I use a secondhand 3Com 3CXM556 on
my Acer Laptop; it's a 16 bit hardware modem (with 'XJACK connector',
whatever that is) possibly similar to yours.  [It calls itself a
'cellular modem', but I use it for dialup over POTS.]

It "just worked" with wvdial after I made sure to build serial support
(and 'serial_cs' for 16 bit PCMCIA support) into my custom kernels (I
think everything is properly enabled in the Debian stock ones).

Celejar