3Com 3CCM156

i am trying to find some information to help me get this 3Com 3CCM156
56K card working on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.

when i plug in the card dmesg tells me:
pccard: PCMCIA card inserted into slot 0
cs: warning: no high memory space available!

doing "sudo setserial -v /dev/ttyS0 autoconfig"
gives me:
/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ: 3

with dmesg returning:
ttys0: LSR safety check engaged!

also wvdialconf reports:
"no modem detected" and asks if it was configured properly with
setserial (which apparently it is not).

i would appreciate any help with this problem.  i run Debian "Testing"
with the 2.6.22-2-686 kernel.  thanks.

http://www.arrantdrivel.com/