Re: Lenny: not able to control fan and hd spin on Toschiba laptop

On 11/7/07, Mirto Silvio Busico <mbusico@technip.com> wrote:

There is any method to control the fan or at least to force the fan to
maximum speed?

Take a look at the toshset and toshutils packages available in the debian repositories. I have used toshset with success to turn the fan of an old Tecra 8100 on (command (as root): toshset -fan on), but I was using ubuntu 7.04 then. In debian etch, I get this message:

required kernel toshiba support not enabled.

I haven't had the time to investigate how to enable it yet.

Hope this helps, anyway.