Re: sources.list file for sarge

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 08:31:06PM -0700, Marc wrote:
> Hi everyboy there !!!
> I have sarge installed in my system (VAIO VGN-FE770G), my sources.list
> file has the following links:

[snip not-working sources.list]

> They are not working so I am unable to make updates to sarge. Does any
> one knows what are the correct links ? Many thanks and regards
> Marc Christian

Still on Sarge eh? :-)

I have this in my sources.list

deb http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian oldstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/debian oldstable main contrib non-free

which work for me. (Yeah I'm still on Sarge. :-)

These entries are commented out, and I don't know if they work.
(Long story ... but in middle of converting a Damn Small Linux install
to Debian on a Dell Latitude laptop. This is not by choice, in fact it
is proving to be a PITA, but because neither my Sarge CD's nor my Ubuntu
Live CD could see the HDD but a DSL 50MB business card image could. Lots
of fun and games.)

#deb http://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/ sarge main contrib non-free
#deb http://mirror.linux.org.au/debian oldstable main contrib non-free
#deb http://mirrors.usc.edu/pub/linux/distributions/debian oldstable main contrib non-free