Re: lcd luminosity keys disabled

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 04:45:52PM -0400, Celejar wrote:

> Interesting; on my Acer Aspire 3690, the Fn key isn't seen at all by X,
> AFAICT; it doesn't show up in xev, either by itself or in combination

not all keys on keyboards are 'keys': some might just flag the kb
controller internally to switch between symbol sets. In other words,
they're not designed to send kb-events. That's the usual case for <Fn>.
Some Fn-* combination translate to kb events, others (combinations or
special keys alone) don't - you need ad-hoc driver/sw (or via
ACPI/APM/IPC/...) to catch (and make use of) them.

--
paolo