Re: Battery charging problem with connected ethernet

Hi,

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Frank Geschner wrote:

> i have a problem with my new R61 lenovo laptop. It is not only a linux
> problem but maybe anybody can help me.

So the problem is also reproduceable under MS Windows?
Did you contact customer support?

> In case that i have been connected to my intranet over ethernet the
> operation mode changes from AC mode to battery mode. It is not possible to
> work in AC mode with a ethernet connection.

it hard to follow the case, what do you mean by "AC mode" and "battery mode"?
How do you know which mode is used?
How do they differ?

> But what is curious if i use the same laptop in another lan there is no
> problem.

Do you use the latest bios?

> Does anybody know where two network areas can distinguish to yield this
> different behaviour of the laptop. I have no idea.

I don't understand this sentence.. maybe you try explaining the issue in your
native language? (i think its german)

--
Florian Reitmeir