Re: debian(izeable) laptop

Particulary if you want to support having linux available without mswindows
since they've recently started making it available.  Sure, it's Ubuntu, not
Debian but it's definitely a step in the right direction.  And no microsoft tax.
And if you do put pure Debian on it, you have a fully working something to
compare with, identify proprietary drivers required, etc.

Personally, I've been running Ubuntu on my Inspiron 8600 and it set up
all the hardware just fine.  I run pure Debian in a chroot when I need it.