Re: system time - thank you

daniele pendenza wrote:
> By the way a question arises:  why the default in (*) is localtime ...
> It seems that when I first wrote the post the system '/etc/default/rcS'
> has been configured with 'UTC=yes' ... mmm ... odd, isnt it ? ;)

The default is whatever was last used to set the clock.

              If you specify neither --utc nor --localtime, the
              default is whichever was specified the last time hwclock
              was used to set the clock (i.e. hwclock was successfully
              run with the --set, --systohc, or --adjust options),
              as recorded in the adjtime file.  If the adjtime file
              doesn't exist, the default is local time.

If it appeared that the default for you was localtime then the last
time hwclock was used to set the clock must have been told to be
localtime.

Bob