Re: debian(izeable) laptop (sound)

Hi,

I'm using sounds on laptops for a while now, but I must admit that the
quality cannot match what I could achieve with desktops. My feeling is
that the electromagnetic & geographic environment inside a laptop is
too aggressive to design a proper D/A converter. Since I never had any
strong requirement to have pro-quality sound on laptop, I never dug
this down enough to answer but I think my faorite path to track first
would be to use an external DAC, either by using a SPDIFF converter
then an external appliance's DAC (portable DAT?) or using an external
sound bay through USB2 or FW... You may want to look at what  ALSA can
provide for those.

BR

Guillaume