Re: power management problems

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> That's a huge difference !
> Do you have any device plugged in ? (pcmcia, wifi, 3G card, GPS, Phone,
> etc.)
> I ask because i have read a few report on
> http://tuxmobil.org/dell.html , but none mention you problem.

Bluetooth - Which I keep most of the time switched off.
Wireless - ipw3945 which remains on but I've enabled the powersaving mode when
running on battery.

> Do you use a 3d desktop ?
> Have you tried do disable Xwindow (so GPU is down) ?
> Does "top" show a process using a lot of cpu ?

No. No 3d desktop at the moment. Though "Composite" is enabled in X.
I would not want to disable X because then the use of the laptop is nothing.
While on battery, the load avg remain < .50

> > PS: I did try powertop but couldn't find any serious offenders.
>
> How many wakeups ? How much time in each state ?

C0 => 24 %
C1 => 0.0 %
C2 => 6.3%
C3 => 70.4%