Re: power management problems

On Thursday 13 September 2007, Alexandre Rossi wrote:
> Is CPU frequency scaling on? If not, this clearly explains it all for me.
> For example, on my laptop :
> $ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
> conservative

Yes. It is enabled. I'm using the acpi-cpufreq kernel module.

rrs@learner:~$ cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
ondemand

> Next is the LCD backlight : is it at the same level in Linux as in
> Windows? I know that on my laptop, I get one extra hour of battery
> time by lowering the LCD brightness to the minimum.

Recently, my LCD backlight got detected as "Set Brightness Controlled".
Earlier, the OS would say that this feature is not supported. But now it can
control the brightness.
Anyway, my testing were done by putting the brightness to low. But still the
same results.

Will a debug kernel help ?

Ritesh
--