Re: I can get online :)

Ok I updated my system and Im now running.2.6.18-5-686 which for some reason does not load the ipw3945 module on start up. nor can i invoke it with modprobe. i tried reinstalling but this does not solve the problem.

I can use the lilo boot menu to boot the "old linux" 2.6.18-4-686 and use the method outline in the above post to get online. after the marthon long effort to get online im happy with this for the time being. I need a rest and I reckon so do  those around me who have put in a tremendous effort in getting me online.

Thanks for the help. see you soon