./configure

On 8/7/07, anton <anton@levchenko.dk> wrote:
Hi all,

just got a new Zepto Znote3414W based on Santa Rosa and installed Debian
on it. As I am new to linux world I have a lot of challenges here. In
order to make the sound card work need to compile new drivers
but ./configure command gives the following

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables

config.log is attached to the mail. I guess I miss some some packges
installed.

Does anybody can give a hint what is wrong? thanks i advance.

Regards,
Anton

From your attached log file:

        /usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
        collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Based on the above error, it seems you do not have any development packages installed.  Try this from the command line as your root user (without the quotes):

        `aptitude install build-essential'

The build-essential meta-package depends on the standard C library development files required to compile many applications.

--
gpg key: B5321211