Re: Trouble CPU frequency and battery on macbook

Hello everybody,

I got news on this problem, perhaps this will help fixing my problem. I got the speedstep working by adding some lines to the /etc/rc.local script, as described in the debian wiki for the macbook.

But, I still don't have my battery recognized. So I installed an ubuntu feisty as dual boot on my macbook since the ubuntu documentation says that the battery of the macbook is recognized without problem and without having to compile a custom kernel.
But, after installing and updating the ubuntu (I installed from the live CD) it happens to have the same behavior as on debian --> The battery is not recognized (gnome applet says no battery is present).

So, I suppose that the kernel parameters are not the cause of this; did I forgot something (a daemon, a program, a module)?

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Alex