Re: Lost /home partition

On 30/07/07, Florian Reitmeir <florian@reitmeir.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Bob Proulx wrote:
>
> > Florian Reitmeir wrote:
> > >
> > > this is not true
> > > please don't speak for other people, speak for your self.
> >
> > Are you implying that the Ubuntu mailing lists are not friendly and
> > supportive mailing lists?  I think the Ubuntu lists are good sources
> > of support and definitely recommend them.
>
> i don't imply anything.
> but after reading your mail someone could believe that the debian
> mailinglists aren't "friendly and supportive mailing lists".
>
> --
> Florian Reitmeir

Truth is, I did ask on the Ubuntu list as well. However, I have found
that the Ubuntu list is much less technical than other lists that I've
subscribed to, such as php-general or fedora-users. Too much
MS-bashing, not enough technical. I don't mean that in an offensive
way, however, quite the opposite. Ubuntu is aimed at MS-refugees. Tech
speak would likely scare a good portion of them away. But for serious
problem solving, I did not think that was the place.

And I've learned a lot just reading the Debian list these past few days.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/