Re: acpi-support + gnome-screensaver

Sorry! typo -_-

2007/7/15, Haifeng Chen <optical.dlz@gmail.com>:
Hi guys!
I am using debian sid on Thinkpad T42 and I have acpi-support
installed to handle some ACPI events, such as *fn-f3* ( blank the
screen and lock the X display ).

In the package of acpi-support, Xscreensaver is used to implement the
support of *fn-f3*.
As you all know, compare to Gnome ScreenSaver, the UI of xscreensaver
is *Very* ugly.
Because of this, I wondered if it is possible to use Gnome ScreenSaver
instead of Xscreensaver in package acpi-support.

Then I downloaded the source package and made some changes,  replace
xscreensaver-command with gnome-screensaver-command, modify the
parameter of the related scripts.
For example:
orig scripts:
if [ `pidof xscreensaver` ]; then
        su $user -c "(xscreensaver-command -throttle)"
                if [ x$LOCK_SCREEN = xtrue ]; then
                su $user -c "(xscreensaver-command -lock)"
        fi
fi

new scripts:
if [ `pidof gnome-screensaver` ]; then
        su $user -c "(gnome-screensaver-command -activate)"
                if [ x$LOCK_SCREEN = xtrue ]; then
                su $user -c "(gnome-screensaver-command -lock)"
        fi
fi

But after those changes, *fn-f3* stop working.
And I found those messages in /var/log/acpid:

** Message: Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: Failed to connect to socket /
tmp/dbus-wC6RTyUEJu: Connection refused
** Message: Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: Failed to connect to socket /
tmp/dbus-TyzgWan9NM: Connection refused

Any ideals? I really want to use Gnome-ScreenSaver.

--
 Best Regards
 Haifeng Chen

--