Re: xterm font size

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 05:00:59PM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> The xterm fonts are nice, but too small.  I can use xfontsel to browse
> fonts, but I can't seem to find the one xterm is using (so that I
> might make it bigger).  Is there a way to tell what font my xterm is
> using?

Note that recent xterms can also use antialiased TrueType fonts, which
look much better IMO.  But the option syntax is completely different:
For example:

    XTerm*faceName: bitstream vera sans mono
    XTerm*faceSize: 14
    XTerm*faceSize1: 8
    XTerm*faceSize2: 9
    XTerm*faceSize3: 10
    XTerm*faceSize4: 12
    XTerm*faceSize5: 16
    XTerm*faceSize6: 20

(I use a big monitor, and I have aging eyes, so I like bigger fonts ...)