Re: Nothing on display after suspend/resume

Hey Hardik,
First of all, I think you only need to worry about your menu.lst and
swap partition if your trying to suspend to disk (or suspend to both
disk and ram simultaneously), though for all I know powersaved may
want everything just so to do anything. If you're only trying to
suspend to ram, the problem is likely that the video card is a little
groggy as a result of the software procedure for suspending.

I'm not too sure about powersave, but I use acpid which comes with a
bunch of scripts in /etc/acpi/ among which is sleep.sh. This script
sources a bunch of scripts init-style in /etc/acpi/suspend.d on
suspend and similarly from /etc/acpi/resume.d on resume. The trick is
that out of the box, running sleep.sh gave me the same behaviour as
you describe. It turned out that the scripts were trying too hard to
avoid this exact issue and ended up making matters worse. If the
switching virtual consoles trick doesn't work for you, this might be
what's happening with powersave. It might be posting your display or
something silly  which breaks the resume. See if you can't customise
exactly the steps taken by powersave to suspend, or try using acpid
and customising to fit your system.

You can also try just the bare bones low level suspend  with
echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
this is the penultimate step for acpid, and actually worked for me
just by itself, though without the niceties of tidying up first.

Kevin