Re: etch/powerbook G4 wlan/wpa not working

Hi!

This is my /etc/network/interfaces file:

auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual
    wpa-sriver  wext
    wpa-roam    /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

iface office inet dhcp

iface anywhere inet dhcp

I do not use the wpa_supplicant.conf file to configure networking anymore and have everything
in the /etc/network/interfaces file:

I have a static IP configuration but it should also work with dhcp. What I don´t use is roaming. I have a configuration fiele set up for every location I usualy visit and written a script to replace the network settings accordingly.

iface eth2 intet static
	wpa-driver wext
	wpa-ssid MySSID
	wpa-psk WPA-Key (created with wpa_passprase)
	address 192.x.x.x
	netmask 255.x.x.x
	network 192.x.x.x
	broadcast 192.x.x.x
	gateway 192.x.x.x
	dns-nameservers 3nameservershere
	dns-search localdomain

Try out if this works for you. I find it better to have all configuration in just one file so I can more easily replace it and restart networking when I am at another location and need to reconfigure networking.

Good Luck!