Re: Get wirless working

David Clark wrote:

>> Everything is true, but never forget : Debian is ROCK-solid. Such cannot
>> be said about Ubuntu...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Didier
>>
> I would love to use Debian for my Laptop, but for this exact reason I
> also use Ubuntu. So Debian being "ROCK-solid" hasn't helped me one bit
> on my Laptop, I will continue using it on my desktop however...
>
> Regards
>
> David

Examples and counter-examples...

For example, I had to use an old laptop for a little while. I thought that
with a Kubuntu, it would be faster and easier. It was for some stuff, but
NetworkManager /managed/ (sic) to freeze my keyboard several times. As I
had ever done it, I hand-configured wpasupplicant in roaming mode and it
works like a charm...

And I get a lot more little annoying bugs under this all shiny new version
of Kubuntu than I would ever have with Etch. OK, (K)Ubuntu is more on the
bleeding (positively AND negatively) edge.

And well... My preference for Debian is a lot more for "ethical" reasons
than for technical ones.

Regards,

Didier