Re: Get wirless working

Hi,
I have a IBM Thinkpad T41 which has exactly the same builtin wireless
card with exactly the same chipset.
The only two things I needed to make it work correctly were:
- recompile my kernel with the correct module ipw2200 [and optionally
all those useful options like monitor mode]
- download the latest firmware [3.0 by now, if I am not wrong] and put
it in the correct place [ /lib/firmware or /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
or both I can never remember ^^']

[note: that was not straight after installation, but required some
time of google and configuring]

if it doesn't work you could try a more accurate research including
error messages that you can obtain with:
...$ dmesg|grep ipw2200

Hope this helps,
bye
JoY