Re: helpme with my rt2500 (airmong-ng start)

javier melendez wrote:
hi i need help. i have a paroblem with my drivers (native) of the debian etch. I try to work in mode monitor with "airmong-ng start" but when i put to run aireplay the mode monitor change to mode managed. what is the problem?. thanks....
None of the stock drivers in the kernel, according to the aircrack site, support injection (ie, the thing that aireplay does). You've got a few choices here: 1 - Download the BackTrack2 live CD (which has patched drivers for everything), or 2 - Go to the aircrack site and follow their instructions for getting the right drivers for your card. Also, while you're there, you should get the development version of aircrack, which now has an "injection test" mode (option -9). Some cards I've tested support some tests (like ARP replay) and fail on tests like the fragmentation attack.

- Joe