Re: etc floppy install question

Hey Dave, thanks for the quick reply.

It's the Etch floppy installer image, dated 03/10/07. I'm booting with the boot and root images, and then loading both net-drivers disks as well when prompted. The installer immediately goes into the network detection routine, loads the PCMCIA subsystem, and tries to find the network card. Then it says it can't find anything and offers a list of cards, from which I can pick the xirc2ps module. At this stage I've quit the network install and gone back to the main menu to launch the terminal, modprobed i82365, then gone back to the main menu and re-run the network autodetection. I also tried opening the second tty and doing the modprobe i82365 while the "load drivers from floppy" window was still up, i.e. before the network autodetection. Neither method gets the card recognized though, either automatically or after I specify the module explicitly.