Trying to figure out a USB wireless stick

I'm using an older Dell Latitude which has always worked great with Debian. I'm currently using the "lenny" or testing version. I'm trying to set up a Linksys wireless card or stick. When I boot the computer the BIOS sees the stick on the USB port, but there's nothing to tell it to configure it as a network device.

The output of lsusb is:

Bus 001 Device 002:  ID 13b1:0020 Linksys
Bus 001 Device 001:  ID 0000:0000

My kernel is 2.6.17. I've downloaded the "wireless-tools" package. Any advise would be appreciated.