To: <jtl@johntlapp.com>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 10:31 AM
Subject: Fw: Re: IBM T22 S3 Savage Video Sarge to Etch Upgrade

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:00:50 -0400
From: Phil CB <cbphil@gmail.com>
To: debian-laptop@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: IBM T22 S3 Savage Video Sarge to Etch Upgrade

Hi! Since you've upgraded from xfree86 to xorg, you should probably run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg". I think it should resolve your problem.

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:36:24 -0400
john <jtl@johntlapp.com> wrote:

I ran Synaptic upgrade from Sarge to Etch without bothering to read the upgrade
docs first:-(
Synaptic completed ok, just the usual questions about
what to keep and what to replace. Noted that menu fonts in firefox were changed. I rebooted and now have just a command line. GUI tries to start, but fails.

Any help would be much appreciated.

John
Sys. Admn.
On-Site Services.