Re: Setting hwclock --localtime fails

Anders Ellenshøj Andersen escreveu:
I run a dual boot system with Vista and Debian unstable.

The clock in Debian is two hours ahead because it thinks the time is UTC.

I have been adviced that I should use hwclock to set the time to local time, but I get this error:

kit:~# hwclock --localtime
select() to /dev/rtc to wait for clock tick timed out

Is there a bug? Any hints on what to do?

I have noticed that this error occurs during boot as well.

I think I also need to add that I have ntp installed.

Anders

Hi.
When I had this problem, I corrected thus:
# date -s HH:MM
#  hwclock -w
Good luck

Sérgio

--
Linux User #426387
Linux: A liberdade da escolha. A escolha da liberdade.