[Etch]kernel-2.6.18-4, acpi and my T22

Hello,

first excuse my bad english ;-)

Two months ago i got a Thinkpad T22 with a defekt DVD. The only medium from
which i could install was my sarge DVDs, so i do a dist upgrade to Etch.
With many tips from Internet i got everything to work.
Now i got a new DVD-Device and would do a fresh Etch install from
yesterday build netinst images.
Install was nice (thank to all who work on the installer!), but
afterward i have some problems mostly with acpi, hotkeys and
Suspend2Ram/Disk.
I have a backup of my old system so i could compare settings.

a) Hotkeys (FN+F4/F12)
These does nothing real. The event calls ibm-sleepbtn and cause the
action sleepbtn.sh. Therein all is handled by this acpi_fakekey. But:
this fakekey does nothing.
At the moment i call sleep.sh directly from ibm-sleepbtn, that works.
Same with the event ibm-hibernatebtn. And the Lock-Button(FN*F3). It
seems all by this acpi_fakekey.
Looking at the config/scripts of acpi in my backup there was still this
way with fakekey, but there i haven't had a problem.

b) ibm-acpi and lt_hotswap
With my old system i could use both perfectly. lt_hotswap is for
hotswapping ex. my DVD-Rom and second battery without do this manually.
Now the lt_hotswap compile fine and work as it should. But when i put
the laptop in sleep mode (Fn+F4) many strange things happen after
resume. I got a lot off messages on screen about fd0, loading/unloading
floppy-module,...
Then the module ibm-acpi is unloaded (or not reloaded) and i could not
reload it with modprobe (error about a missing device, but not named).
At this moment all things handled by ibm-acpi don't work anymore. And:
if i do a hotswap in this situation (where lt_hoptswap is involved) i
got a kernel trap (not a panic).
Without lt_hotswap module there is no problem, i could do
sleep/hibernate as often as i would.

c) hibernate
After hibernate (Fn+F12) my ethernet isn't resumed. In the syslog i see:
e100_eeprom_load corrupted. Also unloading and reloading doesn't solve
this. Only a reboot brings back my network.

With my old installation i have had neither of above problems. This was
kernel 2.6.18-3 and (maybe) other versions of other releated packages.

Does anybody know a hint, help or explanation?
Of course i could give more infos and detailed (error) messages.

I think, if i restore my backup and do a apt-update i would run in the
same problems. And this old installation was only a test installation
which i would do better now.

TIA
	Gerhard

--