Re: all battery monitoring functions broken

Freddy Freeloader <fredddy@cableone.net> writes:
> I use my laptop as a part of my lab so I rebuild it frequently.  Well,
> the last install I did from the Etch installer completely broke all
> battery/power monitoring support.

Happened to me too a few days ago when dist-upgrading a Thinkpad x60
running a sid system.  The AC adapter monitoring died too.  Seems the
"battery" and "ac" modules stopped being autoloaded, so I had to add
them myself to /etc/modules.

I still haven't figured out what's responsible for it, and looking
through the dpkg log for recently upgraded packages doesn't show any
immediately obvious suspects.