all battery monitoring functions broken

Hi All,

I use my laptop as a part of my lab so I rebuild it frequently. Well, the last install I did from the Etch installer completely broke all battery/power monitoring support. I was looking around for packages other than Battstat and installed wmbattery. I tried starting it from the Gnome menu system and it didn't respond so I tried starting it from a bash prompt. I received an error saying my kernel didn't support APM, ACPI, or SPCI. What's up with that? dmesg reports no ACPI errors other than an exception for acpi_thermal-0412. Anyone know what's going on here? The day I downloaded the installer was on the 9th of this month so I'm assuming this was the build for that day.