Re: firewalls ...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: firewalls ...
- From: Freddy Freeloader <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 05:27:19 -0800
- Message-id: <45E977B7.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I don't know about anyone else's reading of your post, but you just told
me a whole lot of nothing. You didn't even explain enough about what
you're referring to for a person to be able to Google what you're
Firewalls only have a little to do with it - but you can essentially
set up the equivalent of a VPN without using VPN software. The only
down side is that every user has to be authenticated. But your AP can
be completely open - and yet unauthorized users can't do anything
except 'jam' your communications - something they can easily do even
with a secured wireless net. There are documents out on the net on
how to set up an AP like this - it's been done a few years ago.