Re: Broadcom wireless, "Access Point: Invalid"

 The access point on a wireless router is its MAC address.  The only
reason I can see that yours might be considered invalid is due to what I
see as a conflict in configuration.  The router reports that it has an
encryption key, but that the security mode is open.  I find that pretty
strange.

What brand and model number of wireless router do you use?  And, are you
using ndiswrapper or the bcm43xx module?  I've had major problems with
the bcm43xx when attempting to use any kind of encryption.