RE: Etch freezes after dist-upgrade

> > Maybe
> > SwSusp cycles screwed up the FS and then after
> > rebuild
> > permissions got screwed up.
> >
> > Regards
> > Kemal

Uhm... I had (fortunately enough) not that problem whith filesystems,
my reiserfs was able to recover completely, although with a lot of
errors on startup. I had no SwSusp configured, since it annoys me a lot
and I prefer a clean shutdown-bootup. So I never suspend, and maybe
that's what prevented me from losing my fs...
Do you use ipw3945? I had no more freezes after i uninstalled those
packages, and now (it seems) I'm able to use my gnome as usual, except
for that problem with gnome-power-manager (disabled and replaced by
battstat-applet-2).

I'm still using kernel 2.6.18-4-686, no reasons to switch back to
previous 2.6.28-3-686.

Bye.

Giacomo
---