Re: Belkin Wireless G Plus PCI card

Justin Hartman wrote:
Hi guys

I'm having serious issues trying to get my Belkin Wireless G Plus PCI
card working efficiently in etch on my laptop.

I used ndiswrapper to install the drivers for the card from a
ndiswrapper etch wiki [1] and although I am able to connect to the
wireless network I have to sit right next to the router in order to
get an internet connection. As soon as I move more than 10m away I
lose internet connection despite having a 100% signal rate.

Has anyone had similar problems and if so can you provide some
assistance please?

[1] http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/index.php/InstallDebianEtch
I don't have any experience with that card itself, but have you verified if the problem is in your laptop wireless card and not your wireless router? By that I mean, have you set up roaming and seen if you can can connect to other AP's (open APs') without this problem? There is some flakiness with the connection between my Broadcom chip and my Netgear router, but I'm convinced the problem is in the router, not my chip, as I do not have the problem I have with my router with any other AP.